-
Junior Member
registered user
HDD install under VMWare
Hi, has anybody tried a hdd install of knoppix under VMware on a XP host. Before anyone tells me it's backwards doing it as Knoppix is a live distro and I might aswell just run the cd - I know.
My workplace will allow me VMware, but not to have linux as my default OS, so I'd rather install Knoppix this way so I can use it and install apps etc.
I've tried the knoppix-installer and all 'seems' to go well, I use 8gb, 7 for tor the OS and 1 for the swap during partitioning, and save grub to the partition not the mbr.
When the install is complete, and I reboot under VMware, and set the bios to boot for the virtuall hdd firstt, the system (virtual) just keeps restarting itself - It wont boot into Knoppix.
It will boot off the cd again no problem, just not the hdd.
Has anyone successfully tried and got working this setup - A knoppix INSTALLED guest under a XP host?
I love knoppix and run it at home, but this is doing my head in. Any ideas??
TIA
Mors
*EDIT*
Just thought, how can I install Reiser/Ext3 to an existing NTFS file system?? I then delete the VMware host at a later date, wont I be left with a great big chunk of a corrupt file system that XP cant read/write to?
Similar Threads
-
By HelloEveryBody in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-26-2007, 12:53 PM
-
By birdsixone in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-28-2007, 04:23 PM
-
By tossy in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-31-2006, 11:33 AM
-
By sz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-26-2005, 09:49 AM
-
By ArYeS in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-27-2004, 05:01 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99