-
1 Linux for 3 diferent computers on a disk bracket help me??
First an explination
I go to school where they use at least 3 diferent computers currently to use them we use our own harddisk with 3 different versions of MS windows.
Since Live CD's are capable of running on multiple hardware I was wondering.
Could I install Knoppix but preserve the Live CD properties of checking hardware everytime so I can use the same install for 3 different computers???
The 3 computers currently are:
- HP/Compaq P4 HT 2,8 GHz intel 915 chipset
- Dell™ OptiPlex™ GX240 1,7 GHz P4 probably also intel chipset.
- Last and most sertainly least important because there aren't that many of these Fujitsu Siemens no idee about the mobo 2,4 GHz P4
(They all use onboard Ethernet, Graffics and sound (I don't really care about the sound)
So could I use 1 install of Knoppix or any other Linux you van reconmend for booting op all 3 systems.
I'm relatively new to Linux, I only tried 3 distro's so far and can't live without a dual boot with XP (for now).
At home I just passed the barrier of using Linux more then Windows but I have to use Windows at school all the time I might revert to Windows.
Because I spend about 5 hours on school computers a day and maybe 2 home.
And because we mainly work with VMware and stuff at school that is not a problem (is it????, I never tried it with Knoppix)
Similar Threads
-
By watar in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-07-2005, 12:09 PM
-
By smileeb in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 01-15-2005, 05:48 AM
-
By sunpascal in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 8
Last Post: 01-02-2005, 10:16 AM
-
By piko in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-04-2004, 11:10 PM
-
By Leox in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-13-2003, 05:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-768GB +384GB - 656-0119/ 656-0120
$69.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$155.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00