Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Only one processor?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    10

    Only one processor?

    Everytime I try to boot the regular way when it starts to load it halts and says "Only one processor found." What does that mean. Everything works fine when I boot using failsafe. I'm just getting into Linux so I'm trying to learn whatever I can. Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Only one processor?

    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomOSX
    Everytime I try to boot the regular way when it starts to load it halts and says "Only one processor found." What does that mean. Everything works fine when I boot using failsafe. I'm just getting into Linux so I'm trying to learn whatever I can. Any ideas?
    Try the cheat code knoppix nosmp when you boot.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    10
    Ah I fixed it. I had to disable some BIOS stuff. Thanks though.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    7
    I had the same problem. What did you have to do in BIOS to fix your box?

Similar Threads

  1. packages - compilation for what processor
    By yshadow in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-08-2005, 05:14 AM
  2. Error: Only one processor found
    By Aelthric in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-20-2004, 05:29 PM
  3. Processor
    By JmanA9 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-03-2003, 03:33 AM
  4. Error: only one processor found
    By jhweeks in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-02-2003, 10:33 PM
  5. Error: only one processor found !?!
    By sepht in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-24-2003, 11:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Grandstream GXW4224 24-Line FXS Analog VoIP Gateway, Ethernet RJ-45 Black picture

Grandstream GXW4224 24-Line FXS Analog VoIP Gateway, Ethernet RJ-45 Black

$165.00



Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE picture

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE

$225.00



Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone picture

Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone

$225.00



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked) picture

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)

$18.99



Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE picture

Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE

$149.00



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$400.00