Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Uninstall Windows Drivers through Knoppix?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2

    Uninstall Windows Drivers through Knoppix?

    Hi all.

    I am new to Knoppix. I have a new graphics card, but I have not uninstalled the drivers for the old one. I cannot get into windows, because a get the Blue Screen of Death everytime I start up. I also do not have my old card to boot from.

    So, can I use Knoppix to delete and uninstall the drivers from my Windows installation?

    Thanks

    jake

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    117
    A bit complicated because uninstalling a driver involves more than just deleting files. Why don't you try something simpler like booting Windows in safe mode first.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2
    I ended up booting from the Win XP Cd, and going to repair. it did some stuff, then it started fine. I then tried to install the new ATI drivers, and it crashed to a blue screen, with an IRQ LESS THAN OR EQUAL error, or something similar. So I tried again, and it worked.

    Everything is ok now!

    Thanks for your help!

    Jake

Similar Threads

  1. Uninstall Windows Programs in Knoppix
    By andreasr2d2 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-29-2010, 11:24 AM
  2. Can I use Knoppix to uninstall Windows drivers or software?
    By zorblek in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-02-2006, 06:03 PM
  3. how to uninstall Knoppix 4.0
    By _d5 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-30-2006, 05:21 PM
  4. Emulating Windows Drivers?
    By Kowood in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-16-2005, 12:45 AM
  5. New to Knoppix - possible to uninstall SP2?
    By Wenny in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-08-2004, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened picture

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened

$195.00



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$44.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$22.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99