-
Deleted Win Partition w/ Knoppix, Having Problems Booting Up
Okay. So, I have a PC with two partitions. One with Server2003 and the other with XP. I didn't need the Server2003 partition anymore, but for some reason I couldn't delete it or reformat it with Windows Disk Management. I attempted to use a Win XP disc, but it kept crashing (STOP error) at a certain point. So, I used Knoppix (QTParted) to delete the Server partition. All of the other partitions including the Win XP partition exist and are mounted.
I reboot my system and I get the error "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER." Well, I'm getting a STOP error at a certain point when using my XP disk. So, I went into Knoppix, checked it out, and the other partitions are still there and mounted.
How can I make the XP Partition bootable with Knoppix? Did I somehow delete my MBR when deleting the Server partition? Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By hunkychop in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-19-2007, 12:07 AM
-
By Pessoft in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-06-2006, 09:36 PM
-
By lapel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-02-2005, 04:26 AM
-
By jariep in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-04-2005, 06:57 PM
-
By abo in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-10-2003, 07:46 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$139.99

1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop
$29.99

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99