-
Deleted Win Partition w/ Knoppix, Having Problems Booting Up
Okay. So, I have a PC with two partitions. One with Server2003 and the other with XP. I didn't need the Server2003 partition anymore, but for some reason I couldn't delete it or reformat it with Windows Disk Management. I attempted to use a Win XP disc, but it kept crashing (STOP error) at a certain point. So, I used Knoppix (QTParted) to delete the Server partition. All of the other partitions including the Win XP partition exist and are mounted.
I reboot my system and I get the error "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER." Well, I'm getting a STOP error at a certain point when using my XP disk. So, I went into Knoppix, checked it out, and the other partitions are still there and mounted.
How can I make the XP Partition bootable with Knoppix? Did I somehow delete my MBR when deleting the Server partition? Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By hunkychop in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-19-2007, 12:07 AM
-
By Pessoft in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-06-2006, 09:36 PM
-
By lapel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-02-2005, 04:26 AM
-
By jariep in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-04-2005, 06:57 PM
-
By abo in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-10-2003, 07:46 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer
$649.95

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$109.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99