-
Status Update - Things look worse than before
Okay. Since my last post, I ran gpart and the guessed partitions seemed about right. I then used the -W option to write the partition table to the disk. So, it was gpart -W /dev/hda /dev/hda. It then asked which partition I want to mark as boot/active and I selected 1. Then it said to reboot, but before I did that it said it found a new harddisk. I didn't take any action and just rebooted as gpart told me to.
My computer started up, but where it normally said the "BOOT DISK FAILURE" error I got a whole bunch of nothing. Basically, the line before it "Verying DMI Pool Data..." or something similar to that ran, but then I never got the boot error. So, I figured I'd boot up into Knoppix.....wrong. It does the normal colorful boot screen and then stops right after "Scanning for Harddisk partitions and creating /etc/fstab... Done." Then it hangs.
So, using gpart I've managed to some how make things even worse than before. I can't even check to ensure that the data on the other partitions is still there. Please give me some advice.
Similar Threads
-
By hunkychop in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-19-2007, 12:07 AM
-
By Pessoft in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-06-2006, 09:36 PM
-
By lapel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-02-2005, 04:26 AM
-
By jariep in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-04-2005, 06:57 PM
-
By abo in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-10-2003, 07:46 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TS-S01U00
$279.00

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor
$249.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00