-
Problems starting Knoppix 5.
Hello, I really don't know much about Linux but I was hoping someone could help me. I used to use Knoppix 3.2 on and off. I just downloaded 5 and can't get it to load. I always get an error saying that it can't find a suitable x-server for my card. I've tried this in two computers, each with different cards and they've failed.
I also get a cloop decompression -3 error
The first card is Sis 760 and my other is an Nvidia. Both allowed Knoppix 3.2 to run. Any ideas?
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Problems starting Knoppix 5.

Originally Posted by
ryansanders2002
...I also get a cloop decompression -3 error....
Well, the video system changed pretty raduically starting with version 5, but the above error should be the first thing you focus on. Read the information in Answer #1 and try to resolve it. Once you get past having this error, if you still have video problems, see the section on cheat codes and try some of the video related ones such as vga=normal, but fixing the error should be done first.
-
Well I used BT to download this time and all the cloop errors are gone. I boot with vga=normal. It tells me there's an error with the x-server but then it boots up anyhow. So everything appears to be in working order. Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By rnfbr1 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-16-2009, 11:58 PM
-
By khinch in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-03-2006, 08:39 PM
-
By grayfox777 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-05-2004, 06:54 AM
-
By robamler in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-02-2004, 07:57 PM
-
By garrettvm in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-17-2003, 04:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

CyberData SIP Paging Adapter VOIP 011233C / 021542G-Never Used
$117.00

Lot of 4 Cisco CP-8841-3PW-NA-K9 8841 MPP Multiplatform VoIP IP Phone NEW
$450.00

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99

LINKSYS SPA3102 VOICE GATEWAY VOIP ADAPTER WITH BUILT-IN ROUTER W ADAPTER CABLE
$32.20