-
Ok....
All I can say is that there are patches for kernel to get dvd drive running .... would post them but I do not see its going to help you much (let me if you do want to look!)
Was going to say try this iso by the gentoo guys but you cannot d/l or burn it
Onboard lan is working for me using my new box now, drives show up fine (beyond kernel!)
Now I have not got wireless lan working but again as board is new the drivers are too (problems compilin' atm)
How did I get my box running well I already had Linux installed on old machine using a live cd, usb pendrive & going into old install via chroot was able to set up lilo ... fstab etc ... & in the in end it boots
tried sata/ide drive adaptor that did not work for me ... although I think I may have plugged it in the wrong sata on mobo (ahead of hd's!)
No livecds atm do not work... but getting linux running on P5B (Jmicron!) yes my drives show up (sata!) but not dvd yet
Been using Linux for a few years now & know not to give up (not after I have spent all this money on this sweeet box!)
I'll help you as much as I can .....
Similar Threads
-
By boomboom in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-22-2005, 07:56 AM
-
By WedDa in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-25-2005, 11:51 PM
-
By RexBeans Explosion in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-02-2004, 01:10 AM
-
By GuyFawkes in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-03-2003, 05:55 PM
-
By pinochet in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 06-26-2003, 05:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

VINTAGE Apple 3.5 Drive External 3½" Floppy Drive DB-19 Beige | P/N A9M0106
$159.00

Brother CT-1400 Vintage CRT Word Processor Monitor New Open Box 1996 Tech
$249.99

Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Vintage Home Computer Boxed MPN TI-99/4A
$170.00

Vintage 90s PC Intel Pentium, cards, no HDD
$80.00

VINTAGE Apple 3.5 Drive External 3½" Floppy Drive DB-19 Beige | P/N A9M0106
$159.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Microsoft BASIC Interpreter OEM Sealed NOS ver 1.01
$1399.99

NewTek Video Toaster 2000 Card for Commodore Amiga 2000 Vintage Computers
$229.00

VINTAGE Apple 3.5 Drive External 3½" Floppy Drive DB-19 Beige | P/N A9M0106
$69.00

Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s
$169.99

Dell Inspiron E1505 Vintage Laptop – Windows XP – Working
$50.00