-
KWifiManager and DHCP
I am using the live 5.01 DVD. I am unable to automate the connection to publick wifi networks. In my home it works with the following commands
1. In kwifimanager, I select Configuraton editor and enter my ssid and security password. select activate, apply and ok.
2. in root shell I enter 'ifconfig wlan0 up'
3. in Network card configuration, I select my card and allow DHCP.
But when I am outside my home, and I see a public network, I can see the network, but cannot select it as the 'switch to network' button is grayed out.
I also do not see th dhclient script to automate the dhcp for the network address anywhere. I am using an ibm thinkpad A31p. My card works because if I enter all the information it works. I only have all this for my home, not on the road where I would like to use the laptop. I also do not see any where how to connect as root for kwifimanager.
Thanks
Neeraj Nigam
Similar Threads
-
By radnor in forum Networking
Replies: 12
Last Post: 12-26-2006, 08:06 AM
-
By kelsey in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-22-2006, 01:24 PM
-
By maestrobwh1 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-13-2006, 03:02 AM
-
By HaIrLeSsHoBo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-09-2006, 03:24 AM
-
By js178 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-31-2006, 02:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Micron 1300 MTFDDAK256TDL 256 GB SATA III 2.5 in Solid State Drive
$24.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00