-
This does work. I brought wlan0 up first, and ran kwifimanager, and it connected to a network. Running netcardconfig provided an ip address. I tried this at two different locations. At one location, everything worked perfectly. At the other although the IP address was assigned, I could not get out on the internet. I have seen others having similar issues. Since this is a network not in my control, I do not know what the gateway or DNS servers should be and so cannot configure them manually.
I was unable to select a list from the search results to change the network that I want to connect to since the button was grayed out. I have to type the ssid into a config page, and activate that one.
Is there any way to automate the dhcp or make it the default for kwifimanager so that a step cold be saved?
Also, I have noticed that the belkin router is mentioned quite a bit. I use two routers of my on on a regular basis both of which are in my control. One is a Belkin Wireless G and the other is the default verizon wireless modem that they provide the 327W westell modem. Both work perfectly once I enter in the WEP keys.
Similar Threads
-
By radnor in forum Networking
Replies: 12
Last Post: 12-26-2006, 08:06 AM
-
By kelsey in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-22-2006, 01:24 PM
-
By maestrobwh1 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-13-2006, 03:02 AM
-
By HaIrLeSsHoBo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-09-2006, 03:24 AM
-
By js178 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-31-2006, 02:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99