Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Please help me with creating bootable Knoppix CD!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1

    Please help me with creating bootable Knoppix CD!

    Yesterday I downloaded a free Knoppix 5.01 EN CD version from BitTorrent. But I don`t understand how to make it bootable. I`ve got these files:
    KNOPPIX_V5.0.1CD-2006-06-01-EN.iso (winrar)
    KNOPPIX_V5.0.1CD-2006-06-01-EN.iso.md5
    KNOPPIX_V5.0.1CD-2006-06-01-EN.iso.md5.asc
    KNOPPIX-CHANGELOG.txt
    knoppix-cheatcodes.txt

    I use Nero Express when burning CDs. If I just say to make bootable disc, it asks for some bootable floppy. Do I have to burn these files in "data disc" mode? And will the system boot from it?

    I need Knoppix to boot in one HDD with damaged Windows on it (STOP 0X00000024). Perhaps NTFS drivers have gone...

    Please explain me, I really need help!

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

Similar Threads

  1. Creating a bootable Knoppix CD/DVD
    By dale.brandt in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 02:16 AM
  2. Creating A Dos Bootable Device Using Knoppix
    By petewud01 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2005, 02:14 AM
  3. creating the bootable cd
    By neil c in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-14-2005, 01:00 PM
  4. I need help creating a custom bootable CD,auto install to HD
    By cobra133 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 06:34 AM
  5. Creating a Bootable Cd
    By Trav763 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-10-2003, 07:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM picture

x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM

$329.99



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Samsung 64GB 4DRx4 PC4-2666V LD2 DDR4 ECC Server RAM Memory M386A8K40BM2-CTD7Y picture

Samsung 64GB 4DRx4 PC4-2666V LD2 DDR4 ECC Server RAM Memory M386A8K40BM2-CTD7Y

$299.00



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



SK hynix (4X 16GB) PC4-25600 (DDR4-2400) Memory (HMA82GR7AFR8N-XN) Tested picture

SK hynix (4X 16GB) PC4-25600 (DDR4-2400) Memory (HMA82GR7AFR8N-XN) Tested

$400.00



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50



SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB picture

SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB

$34.99