Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Please help me with creating bootable Knoppix CD!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1

    Please help me with creating bootable Knoppix CD!

    Yesterday I downloaded a free Knoppix 5.01 EN CD version from BitTorrent. But I don`t understand how to make it bootable. I`ve got these files:
    KNOPPIX_V5.0.1CD-2006-06-01-EN.iso (winrar)
    KNOPPIX_V5.0.1CD-2006-06-01-EN.iso.md5
    KNOPPIX_V5.0.1CD-2006-06-01-EN.iso.md5.asc
    KNOPPIX-CHANGELOG.txt
    knoppix-cheatcodes.txt

    I use Nero Express when burning CDs. If I just say to make bootable disc, it asks for some bootable floppy. Do I have to burn these files in "data disc" mode? And will the system boot from it?

    I need Knoppix to boot in one HDD with damaged Windows on it (STOP 0X00000024). Perhaps NTFS drivers have gone...

    Please explain me, I really need help!

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

Similar Threads

  1. Creating a bootable Knoppix CD/DVD
    By dale.brandt in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 02:16 AM
  2. Creating A Dos Bootable Device Using Knoppix
    By petewud01 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2005, 02:14 AM
  3. creating the bootable cd
    By neil c in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-14-2005, 01:00 PM
  4. I need help creating a custom bootable CD,auto install to HD
    By cobra133 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 06:34 AM
  5. Creating a Bootable Cd
    By Trav763 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-10-2003, 07:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 5 Touch 14” Laptop Core i5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 5 Touch 14” Laptop Core i5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11

$249.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L390 13.3” Touchscreen Laptop Core i3 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 13.3” Touchscreen Laptop Core i3 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11

$199.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 5650U 16GB 512GB Win 11 Pro

$420.00



Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...

$749.99



Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...

$379.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good

$261.99



Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader

$571.00



Lenovo Yoga 7 2-in-1 14AHP9 AMD RYZEN 5 8640HS 3.5 GHz/ 512 GB/8GB Win 11 Touch picture

Lenovo Yoga 7 2-in-1 14AHP9 AMD RYZEN 5 8640HS 3.5 GHz/ 512 GB/8GB Win 11 Touch

$393.00



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50