I was using 3.7 for a long time, and just got 5.0 (both CD version)
I find i can no longer compile my modem drivers, because they rely on the kernel source.
Also many of the dev libs are no longer available.
I have dial-up, so getting these is very painful (eg. 35Mb kernel source, and my modem only works at 9600 baud, plus then i'd still need many dev libs)
My main reasons for using knoppix were that I am a programmer, yet quite a newb at linux under the hood, so knoppix was
the perfect distro for me. But its not any more, its just the same as all the other 'easy' distros, ie you have to go through the pain of getting dev libs etc, then dealing with dependancy hell.

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$56.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac
$60.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Samsung SSD, v-nand,860 EVO, 500gb, model MZ-76E500, SATA III, Health 90-98%
$50.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99
Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop
$25.00