-
That's a steep price to pay ...
Hello.
I have knoppix installed to my hard drive. (As Debian-like [recommended]) I would like to occasionally play some of the great games out there on my new debian installation. I tried Wine, even compiled it myself. Then I tried games for Linux. They all seem to have a hard time with my graphics card.
No problem, says I, there must be a new driver. Its probably Linux specific.
There sure is. as long as you dont mind old (1980's version) 2D games. If you want to have any 3D games they recommend you compile it yourself. Again, no problem.
(I have an ATI 9200 raedon, BTW...)
However, a requirement for compiling the new driver is you must have XFree86 on your system. Running Synaptic tells me this is readily available - but when I prepare to download and install it it tells me it has to remove a few things first. Like, for instance, everything about the KDE desktop (in fact, about 20 or 30 things that start with KDE)
Do you believe I should go ahead and remove the only Linux GUI I understand so far and have this capability or is there an alternative?
Sorry about the long-winded question. I really do like Knoppix and I am starting to think that Windows might not be around for too much longer.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK hynix 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4 PC4-2666V ECC Registered RDIMM HMA84GR7JJR4N-VK
$799.00

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

SAMSUNG M393A4K40CB2-CVF 32GB PC4-23400 2933 RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY 32GB 2933MHZ
$239.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Lot of 12 SK Hynix 64GB PC4-2666V LRDIMM Server Memory RAM HMAA8GL7CPR4N -Tested
$4200.00

*LOT OF 3* Micron 64GB 2RX4 PC5-5600B Server Memory RAM DDR5 EC8 RDIMM
$7200.00

HPE SK Hynix 32GB PC4-2400T HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH ECC RDIMM Server Memory Module
$165.00

SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB
$34.99

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98