Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Screen goes black

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2

    Screen goes black

    Hello, I just downloaded and burnt the newest knoppix livecd. When I put it in it goes through the motions and when it gets to the loading xwindow after that the screen cuts out/goes black. I have tried knoppix vga=normal but that didnt work any other suggestions? The cd works perfectly on my desktop. Its a acer travelmate 4400. Any help would be greatly appreciated

    Also, I want to run knoppix on my desktop that does not have a dvd drive on it(I had no cds so I had to make a dvd not cd) the iso is on the computer and it is ntfs. Whats the best way to go about doing that? Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    228
    Try cheat codes "knoppix xmodule=vesa" and "knoppix xmodule=fbdev". For your second question look here:
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11796

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2
    Thanks I am going to try that right now. At the boot screen do I type knoppix xmodule=vesa knoppix xmodule =fbdev or do I have to have the " if doing more than 1?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainz3
    Thanks I am going to try that right now. At the boot screen do I type knoppix xmodule=vesa knoppix xmodule =fbdev or do I have to have the " if doing more than 1?
    You just type either knoppix xmodule=vesa or knoppix xmodule=fbdev (i.e. don't include the quotes).

Similar Threads

  1. black screen
    By preet in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2007, 04:54 AM
  2. Black screen
    By cassiosteel in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-30-2006, 10:13 PM
  3. Black Screen
    By RaMireZ in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-13-2006, 07:12 PM
  4. Black Screen
    By DCBJ in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-24-2003, 06:00 AM
  5. Black Screen after boot screen
    By Jmack0013 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-18-2003, 04:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$149.99



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$108.92



IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive

$200.00



IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS picture

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS

$80.00



IBM X3650 M5 5462-AC1,2 X E5-2640V3 2.6GHZ 8C, 16 GB, DUAL 750W, 2 X 1TB SERVER picture

IBM X3650 M5 5462-AC1,2 X E5-2640V3 2.6GHZ 8C, 16 GB, DUAL 750W, 2 X 1TB SERVER

$349.99



IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU picture

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU

$250.00



IBM 9532-AC1 FLEX SYSTEM X240 M5 picture

IBM 9532-AC1 FLEX SYSTEM X240 M5

$194.99