Yep i got exactly the same problem, can somebody help us?Originally Posted by glj12
![]()
I have knoppix, and the realtek net8185.inf driver for my Gateway MX3230 Notebook. I used ndiswrapper to install the inf, and it states: net8185 driver present, hardware present. So far, so good. When I type modprobe ndiswrapper, it says FATAL: Error inserting ndiswrapper (/lib/modules/2.6.17/misc/ndiswrapper.ko): Invalid arguement. When I type: ifconfig, only lo shows up, (the local loopback). When I type ifconfig wlan0 up, it says that the there is no such device. Also, iwconfig shows eth0, lo, and sit0, all decribed as "no wireless extensions." Any help to get my wireless working, or at least being detected, would be great.
Many thanks in advance,
Glj12
Yep i got exactly the same problem, can somebody help us?Originally Posted by glj12
![]()
Same problem here. Using Knoppix 5 live CD. Trying to configure WUSB54GS to work. Installed drivers, get both drivers and hardware present on ndiswrapper -l. When i do sudo modprobe ndiswrapper i get FATAL error inserting ndiswrapper /lib/modules/2.6.17/misc/ndiswrapper.ko Invalid argument.
Hope someone knows how to solve this issue.
Thanks to all!
S
first make sure you are logged in as root
if ndiswrapper -l is coming back with driver and software installed try ndiswrapper -m before modprobe ndiswrapper
let me know if that works
nope

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$361.91
Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97
Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99
Juniper Networks SSR120 Smart Router
$500.00
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86
Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99
Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99
Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00