-
Wireless wlan0/ndiswrapper problem
I have knoppix, and the realtek net8185.inf driver for my Gateway MX3230 Notebook. I used ndiswrapper to install the inf, and it states: net8185 driver present, hardware present. So far, so good. When I type modprobe ndiswrapper, it says FATAL: Error inserting ndiswrapper (/lib/modules/2.6.17/misc/ndiswrapper.ko): Invalid arguement. When I type: ifconfig, only lo shows up, (the local loopback). When I type ifconfig wlan0 up, it says that the there is no such device. Also, iwconfig shows eth0, lo, and sit0, all decribed as "no wireless extensions." Any help to get my wireless working, or at least being detected, would be great.
Many thanks in advance,
Glj12
-
Re: Wireless wlan0/ndiswrapper problem

Originally Posted by
glj12
I have knoppix, and the realtek net8185.inf driver for my Gateway MX3230 Notebook. I used ndiswrapper to install the inf, and it states: net8185 driver present, hardware present. So far, so good. When I type modprobe ndiswrapper, it says FATAL: Error inserting ndiswrapper (/lib/modules/2.6.17/misc/ndiswrapper.ko): Invalid arguement. When I type: ifconfig, only lo shows up, (the local loopback). When I type ifconfig wlan0 up, it says that the there is no such device. Also, iwconfig shows eth0, lo, and sit0, all decribed as "no wireless extensions." Any help to get my wireless working, or at least being detected, would be great.
Many thanks in advance,
Glj12
Yep i got exactly the same problem, can somebody help us?
-
ndiswrapper error
Same problem here. Using Knoppix 5 live CD. Trying to configure WUSB54GS to work. Installed drivers, get both drivers and hardware present on ndiswrapper -l. When i do sudo modprobe ndiswrapper i get FATAL error inserting ndiswrapper /lib/modules/2.6.17/misc/ndiswrapper.ko Invalid argument.
Hope someone knows how to solve this issue.
Thanks to all!
S
-
Re: Wireless wlan0/ndiswrapper problem
first make sure you are logged in as root
if ndiswrapper -l is coming back with driver and software installed try ndiswrapper -m before modprobe ndiswrapper
let me know if that works
-
Senior Member
registered user
Similar Threads
-
By ex-para in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-10-2009, 10:25 AM
-
By dutchcreek in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-04-2007, 04:28 AM
-
By NuxIT in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-20-2006, 04:10 PM
-
By Rangdo in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-02-2005, 01:27 PM
-
By tofergregg in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-09-2005, 06:08 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 500GB NVMe | 3TB HDD
$799.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Constellation ES.3 3TB Enterprise-class Hard Drive (Wiped & Tested)
$39.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00