-
Wireless wlan0/ndiswrapper problem
I have knoppix, and the realtek net8185.inf driver for my Gateway MX3230 Notebook. I used ndiswrapper to install the inf, and it states: net8185 driver present, hardware present. So far, so good. When I type modprobe ndiswrapper, it says FATAL: Error inserting ndiswrapper (/lib/modules/2.6.17/misc/ndiswrapper.ko): Invalid arguement. When I type: ifconfig, only lo shows up, (the local loopback). When I type ifconfig wlan0 up, it says that the there is no such device. Also, iwconfig shows eth0, lo, and sit0, all decribed as "no wireless extensions." Any help to get my wireless working, or at least being detected, would be great.
Many thanks in advance,
Glj12
Similar Threads
-
By ex-para in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-10-2009, 10:25 AM
-
By dutchcreek in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-04-2007, 04:28 AM
-
By NuxIT in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-20-2006, 04:10 PM
-
By Rangdo in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-02-2005, 01:27 PM
-
By tofergregg in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-09-2005, 06:08 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper QFX5120-32C-AFI 32x100GbE Switch Dual AC Airflow In, Rail Kit Included
$8150.00

Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS
$8199.99

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99