-
Junior Member
registered user
Hi rickenbacherus:
I am following the suggestions you posted some time ago, when helping shiva777, and while it took me sometime to be able to mount the sda1 drive, I finally accomplished it.
On your recommendations to shiva777 you wrote:
...................Then do cdrecord
-scanbus,
and the result of my cdrecord -scanbus is:
root@ttyp0[knoppix]# cdrecord -scanbus
Cdrecord 2.01a16 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2003 Jörg Schilling
Linux sg driver version: 3.1.25
Using libscg version 'schily-0.7'
scsibus0:
0,0,0 0) 'HITACHI ' 'DVD-ROM GD-S200 ' '0034' Removable CD-ROM
0,1,0 1) *
0,2,0 2) *
0,3,0 3) *
0,4,0 4) *
0,5,0 5) *
0,6,0 6) *
0,7,0 7) *
scsibus2:
2,0,0 200) 'HP ' 'DVD Writer 200j ' '1.51' Removable CD-ROM
2,1,0 201) 'WDC ' 'FireWire/USB2.0 ' '4.17' Disk
2,2,0 202) *
2,3,0 203) *
2,4,0 204) *
2,5,0 205) *
2,6,0 206) *
2,7,0 207) *
root@ttyp0[knoppix]#
As you ca see, the Western Digital is on scsibus2.
Plese note that I can also go to the root directory, and list all files of the directory where I placed the sda1 (/f), but that is all I can do, I cannot open any of the .exe files. (Please note that this is Fat 32 hdd, and all files were created with W98SE)
Now, when booting Knoppix, I can see two hda files -1 and 5-, plus the cdrom, knoppix and floppy icons. And when clicking on, say hda1, all files within this directory are shown in the screen, I can open doc files with Kword, I can also save docs to the floppy, which is how I copy the -scanbus info here......... and I would like to be able to do the same with the external Western Digital HD.
I have created a couple of icons, by rigth clicking on desktop, but can not configure the created icons for the WDHD.
Would you please help me to accomplish this? that is, to move all files from the sda1 to such icon, and when clicking on the icon all sda1 directory files should appear on the Konqueror window?
Thanks and best regards
Copeloa
Similar Threads
-
By thrustan in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 11:36 PM
-
By mbl in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-21-2004, 03:17 PM
-
By Phatmonkey in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-30-2004, 09:44 PM
-
By autumnhome in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 07:45 PM
-
By Breakout42 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 11:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health
$360.00

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

Dell PERC H740p Mini Mono RAID Controller 8GB 0878M 5FMY4 GP6RN
$55.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$202.46

Dell PowerVault MD3000i AMP01 Storage Array 4x Cad 2x PSUs No HDDs/Controllers
$164.95