-
Problem mounting external firewire disk
I have run modprobe ieee1394; modprobe ohci1394; modprobe sbp2 without any error messages.
I have run gscanbus, which shows the firewire drive.
But then what?
I've tried doing mkdir /mnt/fw; mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/fw, but get the error message "mount: /dev/sda1 is not a valid block device". I tried with sda2, sda3, sda4, sdc1, etc, but get the same error message.
I tried running rescan-scsi-bus.sh, and the firewire drive shows up at scsi2: 0 0 0.
How am I supposed to know the device name (path) of the firewire disk?
Help would be very much appreciated 
.Thomas
Similar Threads
-
By thrustan in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 11:36 PM
-
By mbl in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-21-2004, 03:17 PM
-
By Phatmonkey in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-30-2004, 09:44 PM
-
By autumnhome in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 07:45 PM
-
By Breakout42 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 11:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$89.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$391.59

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

LOT 32GB 64GB 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Retractable Thumb Drive
$879.99

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99