-
Problem mounting external firewire disk
I have run modprobe ieee1394; modprobe ohci1394; modprobe sbp2 without any error messages.
I have run gscanbus, which shows the firewire drive.
But then what?
I've tried doing mkdir /mnt/fw; mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/fw, but get the error message "mount: /dev/sda1 is not a valid block device". I tried with sda2, sda3, sda4, sdc1, etc, but get the same error message.
I tried running rescan-scsi-bus.sh, and the firewire drive shows up at scsi2: 0 0 0.
How am I supposed to know the device name (path) of the firewire disk?
Help would be very much appreciated 
.Thomas
Similar Threads
-
By thrustan in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 11:36 PM
-
By mbl in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-21-2004, 03:17 PM
-
By Phatmonkey in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-30-2004, 09:44 PM
-
By autumnhome in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 07:45 PM
-
By Breakout42 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 11:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

Lot Of 16Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1A2IJ 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RB0-10 ECC Server Ram
$960.00

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

16x 16GB Samsung PC3 ECC 2Rx4 14900R -256GB SERVER RAM- M393B2G70DB0-CMA
$239.49

LOT OF 5 Samsung M378A1G43DB0-CPB 16GB (2x8GB) 2Rx1 PC4-2133P Desktop Memory
$130.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98