(This information is for Knoppix 4.0.2 CD which I'm using. It's likely very much the same for other Knoppix versions.)

Quote Originally Posted by coolibrie
What do you mean by "standard Knoppix surface" ?

>> The workspace, containing the background picture and the set of icons like found HDDs, memory sticks ...
>>There is one icon with the name KNOPPIX that opens a webside while it is clicked.
>>Where is this located in my remaster ?
When using LiveCD, that file is located at /home/knoppix/Desktop/KNOPPIX.desktop.

It's not located anywhere in remaster, but is created by /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession-script when X starts:

Code:
# Check for /index.html (_en), or KNOPPIX/index.html (_en) on this CD
if [ -e /cdrom/index.html ]; then
INDEXFILE="/cdrom/index.html"
else
for i in index KNOPPIX/index; do
INDEXFILEDE="/cdrom/${i}.html"
INDEXFILEEN="/cdrom/${i}_en.html"
[ -e "$INDEXFILEEN" ] && INDEXFILE="$INDEXFILEEN" && [ "$LANGUAGE" != "de" ] && break
[ -e "$INDEXFILEDE" ] && INDEXFILE="$INDEXFILEDE" && [ "$LANGUAGE"  = "de" ] && break
done
fi

if [ -e "$INDEXFILE" ]; then
cat >> $HOME/Desktop/KNOPPIX.desktop <<EOF
[Desktop Entry]
Name=KNOPPIX
# Exec=kfmclient openProfile webbrowsing $INDEXFILE
Exec=konqueror --geometry 850x600+85+70 file:$INDEXFILE
Type=Application
Icon=html
Terminal=0
EOF
ln $HOME/Desktop/KNOPPIX.desktop $HOME/.kde/Autostart/showindex.desktop
fi
Quote Originally Posted by coolibrie
Do you know how to set entries in Firefox personal toolbar folder

If you mean the toolbar which can be shown with View->Toolbars->"Bookmarks Toolbar", then those are saved to the same place where the rest of the Bookmarks are saved - i.e. the file /home/knoppix/.mozilla/firefox/xxxxxxxx.default/bookmarks.html where xxxxxxxx is some random chars.

>> sorry, in my remaster I couldn´t find this file. Is it created while Firefox is opend the first time ?
Maybe, I don't really know that.

Quote Originally Posted by coolibrie
What do you mean by this? Manipulate in what way?

>> I mean the webside firefox shows automatically when it starts.
>> Currently this side is at mozilla.org and I want to change it to another one.
>> I do think there is a file in the remaster where this can be changed, do you know where ?
That information would be saved to /home/knoppix/.mozilla/firefox/xxxxxxxx.default/prefs.js-file where xxxxxxxx is some random chars.
Normally you'd add a line like this to that file:
Code:
user_pref("browser.startup.homepage", "http://www.google.fi/");
But since such a file doesn't seem to exist in remaster (it would be located at /etc/skel/.mozilla/firefox/xxxxxxxx.default/prefs.js where xxxxxxxx is some random chars.) I'm not sure how to change the default homepage.