-
Knoppix 5.01 HD-INSTALL GRUB BOOT PROBLEM
Hi there,
I just installed Knoppix 5.01 on my hard drive and after a few reboots I get this strage error form grub at boot time "Inconsistent file system structure".
I managed to boot the system by using the Knoppix DVD and mounting /dev/sda1 (the boot partition 30GB/ reiser) or running "fsck /dev/sda1" without encountering any errors this time. I reboot and everything works fine. Until next time.
I don't think it's a hardware problem since my pc is quit new (few mounths old) intel 3G / 200Gb SATA Segate etc.
Anyone encontered the same problem. Any solution?
New edit:
Code:
ERROR 16 : Inconsistent filesystem structure.
Should I try using LILO instead?
-
I have the same bug after i changed (reformatted) the type of file system from ext3 to reiser.
-
hey! i have the same problem,i have resolved with a fsck with live cd,any one say how i can set an automatic fsck of the root on any boot or shutdown?
i have created a personalized knoppix and i can't take it to others users with this bug
and i'm the 1rst user
bye
Similar Threads
-
By ramaswamyps in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-15-2006, 07:40 PM
-
By giant_toaster in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-01-2005, 06:54 PM
-
By weirdjd in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-27-2005, 09:40 AM
-
By hukdonfonix in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 06:39 PM
-
By Ish Rattan in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-25-2004, 10:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab S10+ 12.4" 256GB 12GB Gray Wi-Fi AMOLED Android
$580.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE 5G SM-T738U 12.4" Tablet Gray 64GB T-Mobile CRACKED
$82.68

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00