-
-
From what I gather you should run cd live right off the cd.
You may want to view the cheat-sheets if it doesn't come up, when you boot from the cd.
I am not sure how that effects the xp partition with the /UNION file system.
I am still trying to grasp the whole concept. you have a /UNION file system that is really you hardddrive. You can mount it, set it to read write. That is how you can sownload and save stuff.
You may be better downloading debian and making it dual boot.
I have not used debian. I am going to try this weekend.
RedHat's install was pretty straight forward when I have installed that.
Later
-
I don't know about the laptop, but i successfully installed Knoppix v5.0.1 to my desktop computer. It has got SATA HDD with 2 NTFS partitions (each contains WinXP) & 3-rd i reserved for Knoppix earlier.
Simple use "knoppix lang=us 2" at the boot prompt, or/then in root console type "knx2hd". Further follow the instructions. Boot loader (Grub) i installed on MBR. One more thing: use it at your own risk 
Good luck!
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: knoppix live cd installation in hard disk?

Originally Posted by
nooor7772000
...so is it easy to install KNOPPIX_V5.0 live cd into my lap...

Originally Posted by
nooor7772000
See answer #2
Similar Threads
-
By Explorer2 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-22-2006, 03:40 PM
-
By bluekylin in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-09-2006, 02:32 PM
-
By kiber in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-02-2003, 11:19 AM
-
By jvila in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-21-2003, 02:49 PM
-
By bret in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-03-2003, 07:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$640.00

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$248.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Protectli Vault FW4C-0-8-120 - 4 port, Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 128GB
$180.00