-
-
From what I gather you should run cd live right off the cd.
You may want to view the cheat-sheets if it doesn't come up, when you boot from the cd.
I am not sure how that effects the xp partition with the /UNION file system.
I am still trying to grasp the whole concept. you have a /UNION file system that is really you hardddrive. You can mount it, set it to read write. That is how you can sownload and save stuff.
You may be better downloading debian and making it dual boot.
I have not used debian. I am going to try this weekend.
RedHat's install was pretty straight forward when I have installed that.
Later
-
I don't know about the laptop, but i successfully installed Knoppix v5.0.1 to my desktop computer. It has got SATA HDD with 2 NTFS partitions (each contains WinXP) & 3-rd i reserved for Knoppix earlier.
Simple use "knoppix lang=us 2" at the boot prompt, or/then in root console type "knx2hd". Further follow the instructions. Boot loader (Grub) i installed on MBR. One more thing: use it at your own risk 
Good luck!
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: knoppix live cd installation in hard disk?

Originally Posted by
nooor7772000
...so is it easy to install KNOPPIX_V5.0 live cd into my lap...

Originally Posted by
nooor7772000
See answer #2
Similar Threads
-
By Explorer2 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-22-2006, 03:40 PM
-
By bluekylin in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-09-2006, 02:32 PM
-
By kiber in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-02-2003, 11:19 AM
-
By jvila in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-21-2003, 02:49 PM
-
By bret in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-03-2003, 07:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mixed Lot Of Vintage Software And Drivers - Install Discs - CDs - 94 Pieces
$85.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard
$350.00

Vintage ACS CompactFlash CF to 40-Pin IDE Drive Adapter Board ACS-CF-1LVT805A
$16.99

Vintage HP Pavilion PC Case
$99.99

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$155.00

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00

Vintage Toshiba Satellite 4090XDVD Intel Celeron 400Mhz Retro - Powers up Cards
$57.59