Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Sata problems, knoppix 5

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3

    Sata problems, knoppix 5

    I am having issues with my windows xp partitioned hdd and I need to get certain files off it before I can reformat (It does not boot properly =/) So I downloaded and ripped a knoppix disc and now I am having trouble viewing my hdd while logged on to Knoppix. I have a 160gb western digital hdd and am running on a nforce2 a7n8x-e delux mother board, if anybody knows of a way I can detect my hdd and get information off it onto discs or what ever it would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    228
    What is the output of
    Code:
    su
    fdisk -l
    ?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3
    output >.>.....
    is that how I check it through knoppix or ???, I cannot get on to my windows installation.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    228
    Linux commands are similar to DOS commands of old times. Launch Konsole (terminal symbol at the bottom of the screen) and enter these commands. The output of "su" (become administrator or "root" first) and "fdisk -l" (list partitions) will tell us whether your hard drive is recognized at all.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3
    So I just booted knoppix and have the desktop icon for sda1, how long should it take to mount???

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    228
    It should mount "read only" right away when you click on it and display its contents in Konqueror. There is no delay.

Similar Threads

  1. Sata hard drive problems
    By pmedia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-09-2009, 10:21 AM
  2. How can I see a SATA HDD in Knoppix 3.4 ?
    By bloopsys in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2004, 10:03 PM
  3. Knoppix 3.4 SATA
    By Visivicous in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-08-2004, 09:58 PM
  4. Can't boot with kernel 2.6.5 / possible SATA problems
    By fourthirtysix in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-12-2004, 02:14 AM
  5. Problems booting with SATA in Knoppix 3.4 (C'T)
    By dxben in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-12-2004, 11:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$1090.00



Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD

$23.00



Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned

$29.00



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot picture

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot

$79.99



Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot

$119.99