What is the output of
?Code:su fdisk -l
I am having issues with my windows xp partitioned hdd and I need to get certain files off it before I can reformat (It does not boot properly =/) So I downloaded and ripped a knoppix disc and now I am having trouble viewing my hdd while logged on to Knoppix. I have a 160gb western digital hdd and am running on a nforce2 a7n8x-e delux mother board, if anybody knows of a way I can detect my hdd and get information off it onto discs or what ever it would be greatly appreciated.
What is the output of
?Code:su fdisk -l
output >.>.....
is that how I check it through knoppix or ???, I cannot get on to my windows installation.
Linux commands are similar to DOS commands of old times. Launch Konsole (terminal symbol at the bottom of the screen) and enter these commands. The output of "su" (become administrator or "root" first) and "fdisk -l" (list partitions) will tell us whether your hard drive is recognized at all.
So I just booted knoppix and have the desktop icon for sda1, how long should it take to mount???
It should mount "read only" right away when you click on it and display its contents in Konqueror. There is no delay.

2X Vintage Apple Macintosh Desktop Computers - IIcx/IIci - Parts Repair Untested
$129.00
Apple II Plus Model A2S1016 Vintage Computer w/ Disk II Rana System Untested
$399.99
Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working
$22.99
Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Lime Green iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working
$59.99
Vintage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Stickers Pack - Unopened Bag
$24.99
Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00
Vintage Apple Newton MessagePad 120 w/ Stylus Flash Card & Software *WORKS*
$99.99
Apple Computer cards Super Serial SCSI AST -Orange Micro ++ Vintage 1980's
$169.00
Vintage Apple Color RGB Color Monitor A2M6014. Used.
$199.99
Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00