-
Junior Member
registered user
Problems connecting with Wireless
I have an old Compaq presario 1279, designed for windows 98, so I'm not sure on its exact age, but its old
.
And I have an SMC Networks EZ Connect Wireless card.
Running Knoppix 4.
After much trouble I figured out how to make it connect to networks that I want, and KWifiManager says this
Connected to network: 2WIRE258
access point: 00:13:95:74:A6:61
local ip: unavailable
frequency [channel]: 2.437 [6]
encryption:
Signal Strength 100
I would use wired, but my card for the ethernet adapter is broken, plus wireless would be nice.
Anyways, so it says its connected, i have an unavailable ip, and I cant open any websites.
What do i do now? I'd like to be able to connect to irc, msn, and the web, but I cant :\
Similar Threads
-
By Magnus_L in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-05-2008, 05:05 AM
-
By Dman87 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-31-2007, 11:23 PM
-
By Vishwas.Bhat in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-03-2006, 01:21 AM
-
By rhami01 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-05-2004, 06:32 PM
-
By Faeranicus in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-05-2004, 02:45 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung 840 EVO 1 TB Internal 2.5 SSD Solid State Drive S/N S1D9NSAFB08570
$389.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+ Plus 5G 11" (Unlocked T-Mobile) Excellent Condition 
$99.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working
$30.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99