Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Problem with QTPARTED

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3

    Problem with QTPARTED

    I have been told by Dell that I need to format my Hard Drive and reinstall Windows Media Center.To avoid losing all my pics and music I was going to run qtparted from my Knoppix 3.7 and create a partition and move my stuff over first.When I booted to Knoppix and ran qtparted I got a message saying no device to be found and it did not detect my HD.I've used this disc in other pc's and have never had this problem.What can be done to ge qtparted to see and allow me to partition my HD.It's a SATA drive.Others were IDE if that makes a difference.Others were running XP not Media Center.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3

    Follow up

    I downloaded Knoppix 5 and it does detect the Hard Drive.When I run qtparted and try to resize the partitions I get a message saying "File system Check failed"Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    228
    I think it's a very bad idea to resize a partition that you want to salvage data from. Can't you get an external drive to save the data to or use a LAN connection and another computer?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3
    Thats what we ended up doing.But I'd still like to partition my HD into at least partitions and for some reason qtparted is not allowing me to do so.It just wont owrk on the pc with the Win Media Center and the SATA drive.My other 2 have XP and IDE's and I can partition all day long with qtparted.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    228
    Don't you have a Windows XP installation cd? If you boot your computer of the installation cd, Windows will run its own partition manager.

Similar Threads

  1. Qtparted problem
    By spliknik in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-28-2006, 11:17 PM
  2. QTParted Problem
    By Chaos5lw in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-08-2006, 01:31 AM
  3. Problem partitioning with qtparted
    By Newbie-100 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-11-2005, 10:57 PM
  4. QTparted Problem
    By Kowood in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2005, 09:20 AM
  5. Resizing FAT 32 with Qtparted - hdinstall problem
    By sminotti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-23-2003, 01:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations  Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981 picture

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981

$295.00



Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand

$275.00



Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed picture

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed

$69.95



Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A

$155.00



LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED picture

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED

$80.00



Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus picture

Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus

$64.95



Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond

$140.00



Vintage Apple Power Mac G4 Cube Poster (2000) 36 x 24 - Think Different picture

Vintage Apple Power Mac G4 Cube Poster (2000) 36 x 24 - Think Different

$29.99



Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984 picture

Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984

$179.99



Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage picture

Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage

$99.00