Try cheat code "knoppix xmodule=vesa", "knoppix xmodule=fbdev" or "knoppix xmodule=ati".
Hallo,
Knoppix 4 and Ubuntu 5.06 both do work. But both, Knoppix 5 and Ubuntu 6.06 (AMD64) DO NOT.
Knoppix5: after booting, X11 starts, but nothing happens. Screens remains dark, and I hear a noise from the PC, as if a capacitor or something like would produce it. Maybe 13000 Hz or something like that. It is not too lound, but I clearly hear it, and it only starts 1-2 seconds after Xorg is beeing started. And yeah, systems freezes.
Ubuntu 6.06: It doesn't say what it does, but freezes too, after a while. Screen dark, same noise.
==
ASUS K8V SE Deluxe, (Socket 754)
Ahtlon 64 3200@2000Mhz, 1MB Cache (Clawhammer-Core)
2x512MB RAM
Radeon 9800 SE 128MB Memory, 256Bit, not overclocked, but under Windows XP I use the Omega Driver, so it works as a 9800 non-SE with 8 Pipelines
2x Samsung SATA
==
Well, I guess the problem has something to do with graphics. But what exactly?
Yes, the CDs are OK, because they do work on my pals computer.
Yes, my graphic-card does work well under WindowsXP, Knoppix 4 and Ubuntu 5.06.
Try cheat code "knoppix xmodule=vesa", "knoppix xmodule=fbdev" or "knoppix xmodule=ati".
I only tried knoppix xmodule=vesa with knoppix 5 so far, and it works. Thank you. I should have tried some cheat codes by myself, but was pretty sure that the problem was deeper.Originally Posted by ockham23

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95
Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99
Atari 1200XL Computer Game Console Vintage Rare FOR PARTS OR REPAIR READ
$270.00
Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested 48k With Original Box
$525.00
Atari 800 130XE 65XE Color S-Video, Composite Video & Audio Cable Tested
$29.78
Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED
$67.76
GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29