Try cheat code "knoppix xmodule=vesa", "knoppix xmodule=fbdev" or "knoppix xmodule=ati".
Hallo,
Knoppix 4 and Ubuntu 5.06 both do work. But both, Knoppix 5 and Ubuntu 6.06 (AMD64) DO NOT.
Knoppix5: after booting, X11 starts, but nothing happens. Screens remains dark, and I hear a noise from the PC, as if a capacitor or something like would produce it. Maybe 13000 Hz or something like that. It is not too lound, but I clearly hear it, and it only starts 1-2 seconds after Xorg is beeing started. And yeah, systems freezes.
Ubuntu 6.06: It doesn't say what it does, but freezes too, after a while. Screen dark, same noise.
==
ASUS K8V SE Deluxe, (Socket 754)
Ahtlon 64 3200@2000Mhz, 1MB Cache (Clawhammer-Core)
2x512MB RAM
Radeon 9800 SE 128MB Memory, 256Bit, not overclocked, but under Windows XP I use the Omega Driver, so it works as a 9800 non-SE with 8 Pipelines
2x Samsung SATA
==
Well, I guess the problem has something to do with graphics. But what exactly?
Yes, the CDs are OK, because they do work on my pals computer.
Yes, my graphic-card does work well under WindowsXP, Knoppix 4 and Ubuntu 5.06.
Try cheat code "knoppix xmodule=vesa", "knoppix xmodule=fbdev" or "knoppix xmodule=ati".
I only tried knoppix xmodule=vesa with knoppix 5 so far, and it works. Thank you. I should have tried some cheat codes by myself, but was pretty sure that the problem was deeper.Originally Posted by ockham23

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99
Intel Core i7-6900K SR2PB 8-Core 3.20GHz CPU LGA 2011 (Socket R)
$60.00
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00