Try cheat code "knoppix xmodule=vesa", "knoppix xmodule=fbdev" or "knoppix xmodule=ati".
Hallo,
Knoppix 4 and Ubuntu 5.06 both do work. But both, Knoppix 5 and Ubuntu 6.06 (AMD64) DO NOT.
Knoppix5: after booting, X11 starts, but nothing happens. Screens remains dark, and I hear a noise from the PC, as if a capacitor or something like would produce it. Maybe 13000 Hz or something like that. It is not too lound, but I clearly hear it, and it only starts 1-2 seconds after Xorg is beeing started. And yeah, systems freezes.
Ubuntu 6.06: It doesn't say what it does, but freezes too, after a while. Screen dark, same noise.
==
ASUS K8V SE Deluxe, (Socket 754)
Ahtlon 64 3200@2000Mhz, 1MB Cache (Clawhammer-Core)
2x512MB RAM
Radeon 9800 SE 128MB Memory, 256Bit, not overclocked, but under Windows XP I use the Omega Driver, so it works as a 9800 non-SE with 8 Pipelines
2x Samsung SATA
==
Well, I guess the problem has something to do with graphics. But what exactly?
Yes, the CDs are OK, because they do work on my pals computer.
Yes, my graphic-card does work well under WindowsXP, Knoppix 4 and Ubuntu 5.06.
Try cheat code "knoppix xmodule=vesa", "knoppix xmodule=fbdev" or "knoppix xmodule=ati".
I only tried knoppix xmodule=vesa with knoppix 5 so far, and it works. Thank you. I should have tried some cheat codes by myself, but was pretty sure that the problem was deeper.Originally Posted by ockham23

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$219.99
OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00
Sophos XG 125 Rev.3 Desktop Firewall 8x GbE 1x SFP Wiped - No Power Adapter
$74.99
Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware
$89.99
$170.00