Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Black screen after init 5. (X-Windows)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3

    Black screen after init 5. (X-Windows)

    I am trying to run the live cd.
    I have tried all four Tips&Tricks on cheat codes.
    I get a Black screen after init 5. The lights blink on the monitor settings.

    It detects a agp bridge. (This may or may not be part of the issue)
    I have the monitor plugged into a the onboard vga slot. As no agp card resides in the slot.

    I ctl+atl+del then enter a couple times after a minute. to exit
    After the blank screen exits it then see X windows session terminated without errors. It then shuts down.

    The monitor may be the issue. I will try to locate anotherto try. AOC the spectrum series.

    AMD Duron 700Mhz

    I may be missing somthing simple.
    Thanks,

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3
    This must be amonitor issue.
    I tried newer big monitor and it now goes into x-windows properly.

    I also tried to boot using another older small monitor. I saw horizontal lines.
    I had to use the knoppix parameter for vertical and horizontal =60.

Similar Threads

  1. Black screen
    By cassiosteel in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-30-2006, 10:13 PM
  2. black screen
    By netfly in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-28-2005, 03:11 PM
  3. Screen goes black now?
    By Eponick in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-19-2004, 02:36 AM
  4. Black screen...
    By Corallis in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-12-2004, 03:14 PM
  5. Black Screen after boot screen
    By Jmack0013 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-18-2003, 04:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$34.01