Quote Originally Posted by pieboy314
...however, we need the mysql databases and they are "locked" for lack of a better term, they appear with little gold locks on them and will not copy off of the old drive, (they come off as 0KB, not any error message)
I just tested this, and you get the gold locks in Konqueror when you don't have permission to read the file/directory.

Quote Originally Posted by pieboy314
I assume we need root access to the Red Hat drive
Yep.

You can use command sudo konqueror --profile filemanagement to start Konqueror with root access. (This gives me some error-messages in Knoppix 4.0.2 CD, but seems to work)

Alternatively you can use root-konsole to copy the files. (KMenu->System->More Applications->"Terminal Program - Super User Mode" or just use su in Konsole)
I'd suggest using konsole if you are able to, but if not you could try using konqueror even if it gives some error-messages.