in my opinion i would check with another version of knoppix and some other bootCD.
and i would also mae a check of the filesystem and check what the SMART tools say.
If this is the wrong forum, please forgive me. Here's the story:
A friend was having trouble with her Windows XP Home Edition, which would not boot properly. When I learned that she had not made ANY backups of any of her files, I brought around my Knoppix DVD and USB stick, and booted into Knoppix. During the boot process, I saw an error message, which reoccurred on shutdown. I took a photo with my phone (hence the poor quality), and wondered if it indicates problems with the help of the drive "sda2". Although Knoppix did boot, when I went to mount sda2 in order to copy her files onto my USB stick, I got a message saying something like: "volume dirty -forcing progress", after which the mounting was successful and I was able to rescue her files onto my USB stick. Here is the error message:
http://maxqnzs.com/screenshots/error-1.jpg
Am I correct in thinking that all is not well with her HD?
in my opinion i would check with another version of knoppix and some other bootCD.
and i would also mae a check of the filesystem and check what the SMART tools say.

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
New Dell PowerEdge Server R360 Xeon E-2488 3.2G 16GB RAM 4X800GB SSD 6x600GB SAS
$3890.00
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95
NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE R730 SERVER M48YR RXW6R K98XH
$225.00