For wireless setup, You can try using
wlcardconfig
als root.
Hey guys I feel like such a n00b.
anyway the problem as it stands is as follows.
I run the live disc version of knoppix 5.01 and it lets me use gaim, browse webpages, etc, however, I installed it to hard drive, now, when I open up this machine, it will NOT let me see anything internet related or get anything on the network...
I'm wondering what the differences are or what i'd need to change to make it run from h/d and actually have access to the web?
tried running k > knoppix > network/internet > network card configuration
tried to make eth0 and eth1 use dhcp and the magic failed...
I have a wireless pcmcia card one of the orinoco (labelled skynet) 802.11 DS
any clues/tips help would be MORE than greatly appreciated.
after I fix this problem my next issue will be to get it so I have ONE shared folder on the desktop so I can use this machine to remotely store stuff..
For wireless setup, You can try using
wlcardconfig
als root.

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1694.85
External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$15.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$427.48
Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$441.77
HP ZBook Fury G8 15.6'' Intel Xeon W-11955M 2.6GHz 64GB RAM 1TB SSD RTX A2000
$599.99
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Acer Aspire 16 16" Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V S2 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Arc Refurbished
$519.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$288.98
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99