-
Fixing windows lsass.exe boot problem through knoppix 4.0
I have a compaq laptop with a 2.4ghz celeron processer and running windows xp home edition sp1. Recently my computer started getting alot of pop-ups so I did a system restore. After the system restore, my computer will no longer boot windows. after the windows xp screen pops up, my screen will go blank and my mouse will blink, then the computer would say there was a problem with lsass.exe, then it replaced that error message with this one "When trying to update the password, the return status indicates that the value provided for the current password is incorrect". Then it reboots itself everytime. If I try to run the recovery console, boot in safe mode or any other mode, or run the windows set up cd, it will reboot itself as well. The only way I have found to start it so far is to run knoppix 4.0 live cd, but my computer freezes whenever I try to delete file off of the hard drive or save any large files onto my usb drive. Does anyone know how I can fix my windows boot error through knoppix, or why my computer is freezing up when I try saving or deleting big files in knoppix? I have spent countless hours trying to fix this problem and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By tarekeldeeb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-27-2006, 10:45 PM
-
By tarekeldeeb in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-10-2006, 02:13 PM
-
By kgonepostl in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-01-2005, 03:14 AM
-
By popcorn in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-06-2004, 11:08 AM
-
By der in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-25-2004, 03:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

32GB KIT - 2x SK Hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 SODIMM Laptop Memory RAM
$99.99

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

Crucial Laptop Ram 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CT16G4SFRA32A
$119.99

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$43.00