-
Newbie converting from Windows Wireless Dell 700M
Mates, I am completely new to Knoppix and Linux in general. I was a Windows person until my last major virus attack and I am now running Knoppix from so called Live CD. I am really keen to get the Wireless N/W going but still cannot get the right steps. Hell, I can't even change to a different Hard Drive via this OS! My USB key show up as 'sda' - how do I change to the sda via the command prompt? This KWiFiManager shows me my WIreless Card is DISABLED. Any way, the story is that I downloaded the dell driver for my Wireless Card the Intel PRO/wireless 2200BG and dumped the drivers on my USB key and ran this ndiswrapper and pointed to sda/drivers/w29n51.inf to pick up the driver and then KWiFIManager shows my card as NOT CONNECTED. wlcardconfig shows there are no Wireless cards. But scanning for Wireless network gives me no joy. Also here are some drivers for my card at http://ipw2200.sourceforge.net/ - should I be using them instead? I have no idea what I am doing - please HELP!
Similar Threads
-
By TECgeeks in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-03-2009, 11:51 PM
-
By ganesh_narayanan_cm in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 05:17 PM
-
By eeraj in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-07-2005, 05:16 PM
-
By Rivix in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-01-2004, 11:48 AM
-
By alert5 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-18-2004, 01:53 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM
$300.00

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Intel® Integrated RAID Mezzanine Module RMS3HC080 SAS/SATA H24093-204
$24.97

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49