Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Auto-detect mouse type on Knoppix startup..

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    12

    Auto-detect mouse type on Knoppix startup..

    I have Knoppix 3.2 image on my notebook's hd and it works great, but there's a small problem: sometimes I want to use my notebook's Touchpad (ps/2 compatible), sometimes I want to plug in my optical Wheelmouse.
    The problem is that I can't select boot options to the kernel manually (I use lilo..) and I can only have one mouse type selected on my configs.tbz! If I start Knoppix in Wheelmouse mode without my Whellmouse I'm screwed! If I start Knoppix in normal mode with my Wheelmouse I'm screwed too! The configs.tbz overrides my kernel options..
    Couldn't Knoppix detect the kind of mouse it's attached?

    Thank you..
    PX.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    When you boot hold the Shift key to get the boot prompt. You could also add or increase the delay in your /etc/lilo.conf file.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    297

    Re: Auto-detect mouse type on Knoppix startup..

    Quote Originally Posted by PsycoX
    I have Knoppix 3.2 image on my notebook's hd and it works great, but there's a small problem: sometimes I want to use my notebook's Touchpad (ps/2 compatible), sometimes I want to plug in my optical Wheelmouse.
    The problem is that I can't select boot options to the kernel manually (I use lilo..) and I can only have one mouse type selected on my configs.tbz! If I start Knoppix in Wheelmouse mode without my Whellmouse I'm screwed! If I start Knoppix in normal mode with my Wheelmouse I'm screwed too! The configs.tbz overrides my kernel options..
    Couldn't Knoppix detect the kind of mouse it's attached?

    Thank you..
    PX.
    I think you suggested wheelmouse on boot. Newer knoppix DO detect the mosue-type correctly.

    cu

    Fabian

Similar Threads

  1. won`t detect my wirelss mouse...
    By jhobo4 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-27-2005, 04:21 PM
  2. HOWTO: Install V3.7 WITHOUT CD/FLOPPY +AUTO STARTUP WIRELESS
    By Darth_Geek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-25-2005, 06:23 PM
  3. How to auto-detect Smart Array disk controller
    By BillyBobber in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-16-2004, 10:09 PM
  4. how to make my Mouse Systems mouse work with knoppix?
    By clfest in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-30-2003, 01:59 AM
  5. Knoppix Auto Hardware Detect Installation
    By Dial-IN in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-26-2002, 02:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor

$249.99



Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz  8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER  picture

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER

$94.94



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600  Win 10 picture

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10

$109.99