-
Remastered is not booting
Hey guys,
I have a kurumin linux, witch is based on KNOPPIX.
I have been trying to remaster a new CD so I can you on other machines with my application on it.
So, I have done all steps, but it just do not boot from CD.
I have used this command to generate the .iso file:
mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o /mnt/hda6/knx-remaster/knoppix.iso /mnt/hda6/knx-remaster/
dont the -no-emul-boot remove the "ability" to boot from CD?
pls help!
thx.
-
Is there a way I can check if the CD will boot before I burn it?
Just for not keep loosing so many CDs...
-
Senior Member
registered user
Yes, install emulator software such as qemu/kqemu or VMware Server/Workstation.
Or use CD-RW media if the iso file is less than 700MB.
-
Well, IT IS WORKING....
I realised that my VMware software was wrong, it wasnt booting from the CD it does on windows..
thx for the help;
Similar Threads
-
By omry in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-24-2007, 03:39 PM
-
By raj1478 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-05-2005, 06:50 AM
-
By metzelplik in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-25-2004, 09:58 PM
-
By Sago7 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-22-2004, 03:59 AM
-
By mehlng in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-17-2003, 12:00 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

(LOT OF 4) Intel Core i5 Processors Different Gens
$249.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99

Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor
$39.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00

USED - Intel Core i7-13700 SRMBA 2.10GHz 30M 16-Core Socket 1700 CPU Processor
$250.00