Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: I need Help urgently.....

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    2

    I need Help urgently.....

    My problem is odd. I have KNOPPIX 4.0with me.
    Problem is I can go throug content of my HDD by cannot change it.
    I had Win Xp Pro with me. It crashed. So I reinstalled it. By all my data in my document was locked. I could access it using Knoppix live cd but could not move it to another partion of my HDD. I need Help urgently.

    mail me:[email protected]

    URGENT

    :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :([/list]

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    64
    If you have a thumbdrive (USB flash drive), plug it in, wait a minute,
    then click its icon on the desktop.
    When you get the file listing, RIGHT-click the icon on the desktop;
    choose action, change read/write; tell it yes to get write access.
    You can also do the same with the icons for your HD if you have
    any partitions that are formatted as FAT32.
    (If you have more than 2 or 3 partitions, you may have to guess which
    partition matches which windows drive letter afterwards,
    or just check every drive letter for the files you copied)
    Writing to an NTFS partition is possible with knoppix 5,
    but not recommended unless you have a good backup of its data.

    If you have both a cd reader and a separate cd burner, you can
    right-click a folder and choose Create data cd.

    on Knoppix 4 you can find out what partitions you can write to by
    clicking penguin, configure, swap file (but do NOT hit ok)
    look for a partition that says it is [vfat] (scroll if you need to)
    write down the partition (hda3 or ~).
    cancel, then click that icon on the desktop & enable writes as above.

    I hope your data was not encrypted by WinXP; I have never yet found a way to recover anything windows encrypted.

    When you reply, please change your subject to state what your problem is,
    not how bad you need help; this is so others with this problem can find the answer.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    2

    My data is Win encrypted and cannot change it using Knoppix.

    My data is Win xp encrypted and cannot change it using Knoppix 4.0.
    I can view it. But I only have read access only. Cannot write on it. I have 4 partitions and all are NTFS.

    Thanks for reply.
    Peace.

    -----------------

    If some 1 have same problem than I found a way to handel it. Use some NTFS boot CD. It really helps.

    -----------------

Similar Threads

  1. Holy ****, need help urgently....
    By scottdavies2k in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-16-2005, 10:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco UCS-MR-X32G2RT-H 768GB (24x32GB) DDR4-2933 ECC RDIMM 2Rx4 Server RAM Lot picture

Cisco UCS-MR-X32G2RT-H 768GB (24x32GB) DDR4-2933 ECC RDIMM 2Rx4 Server RAM Lot

$4300.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch

$69.99



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$205.00



CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B,  SKU 16188 picture

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188

$24.94



CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New  picture

CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New

$1049.00



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch

$39.99