-
syntax error?
I'm trying to boot knoppix off the cd but it gets to the stage where it says
Accessing KNOPPIX CD at /dev/hdc... /cdrom/KNOPPIX/modules/insmod: 1: Syntax error: redirection unexpected
Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
Press reset button to quit.
I've verified my CD with md5 and it's okay. I also burned at 4x. I've also tried buring on different media. I've tried the command knoppix nodma. I've tried expert mode. None of these methods work. I'm pretty concerned about the syntax error thing.
Can somebody please help?
Similar Threads
-
By dhm in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-07-2008, 09:31 PM
-
By Getnikar in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-18-2006, 05:13 AM
-
By ramesh in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-26-2005, 02:41 PM
-
By sminotti in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-23-2003, 04:21 AM
-
By boehmb in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-22-2003, 05:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$288.19

SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB
$34.99

DDR3 DDR4 DDR5 Laptop to Desktop Memory Adapter Card SO-DIMM To PC DIMM Lot
$55.27

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Samsung 256GB (8x32GB) DDR4 3200 ECC RDIMM Server RAM M393A4K40EB3
$2000.00

NEW Lenovo Samsung 64GB LPDDR5X 8533 MHz LPCAMM2 Memory,For ThinkPad P1 Gen7,8,9
$1349.00

Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC
$370.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00