I agree, after all if you use it more than once you will certainly need to save your stuff somewhere.
And yes, automatically saving that config after changes wouldn't be bad either (but this one would be more complicated).
I'm new to Knoppix if considering installing, scripting, or other "advanced" stuff. However, I'm following Knoppix since it's version 3.7 and I like it very much.
I believe, that most of the people who use it either do the combination with a usb-stick or write-enabled (swap)disk. This boils down that you do not want to use the cheat codes always, rather you'd like to load your stored configuration.
Thus, it would be very nice (toward the newbies too), to make the "knoppix myconf=scan" be the default code after hitting the enter key.
I hope I expressed myself clear.
Cheers
Marcel
EDIT: Is it possible to make it my self? Remastering of so... Thanx for any hint.
I agree, after all if you use it more than once you will certainly need to save your stuff somewhere.
And yes, automatically saving that config after changes wouldn't be bad either (but this one would be more complicated).
Reading through existing posts (or even the subject lines of the posts) will save you from duplicating previous posts. In this case this was asked for in this forum some time ago. I don't agree with Fabianx's logic in his response, but it shows what the developers are thinking and why we are not likely to get this feature.
As far as I understand from that thread, the security feature is to protect from somebody forgetting his USB stick in (a probability I can understand) and that stick has in the automatic startup some commands to cleanup the hard drive. Now, how many of those auto-HDD formatters guys are expected to be in the wild, in order to be that paranoid about them? Every person in his senses formats by hand and at least asks for confirmation, so I'd say whoever has an autoformat USB stick is just a dumb moron waiting for it to happen.Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
Now if that autoformat stick was a virus, I'd say it has already formatted the HDD whenever it was plugged in (unless this one is a dumb moron virus)
In other words, Harry's argument (if USB stick in, expect defaults from stick) stays fully valid.
Hmmm.
In my eyes, Linux = security.
But this safety measure really is a paranoid thought..
In the other hand, developers could make something like this: at bootup Knoppix should ask: "Scan for configuration settings?" Yes or No?
What do you think?

Vintage Rare Packard Bell R500 A950-TWR with Microsoft Windows 95 Microsoft Plus
$175.00
NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e 4GB ATI X300 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games
$349.00
NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e 4GB ATI X1050 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games
$389.00
NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e Nvidia Quadro Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games
$449.00
Vintage Gray AC Power Cable Cord 3-Prong Plug to 3-Prong 3-Slot Connector
$50.00
Vintage Compaq SLT/386s/20 laptop Boots to DOS, power supply, CMOS dead working
$345.00
Vintage Texas Instruments Home Computer TI-99/4A - Games & accessories Untested
$79.95
Compaq ProLinea Vintage Beige Desktop Tower PC (Read Description)
$85.00
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99