Sorry, johnnyrw, but it does not seem like you are in the same situation as victoria, so the advice to her may not work for you.
What exactly is your situation, what were you trying to do when you got your errors and problems?
huh?Originally Posted by Jacky
It gives me an error.
sudo mount /dev/hda1 /media/hda1 -t ntfs -o remount,rw
Error opening partition device : Device or resource busy
Failed to startup volume : Device or resource busy
Couldn't mount device '/dev/hda1' : Device or resource busy
with cdrom2.loop
it says it is not in mtab
but it is there as /cdrom2.loop/KNOPPIX/knoppix.iso /cdrom/ iso9660 ro,loop=/dev/loop0 0 0
This thing is really starting to bug me...
I know Knoppix can write to the drive if I boot using the cd.
hda1 is ntfs...
best,
john
Sorry, johnnyrw, but it does not seem like you are in the same situation as victoria, so the advice to her may not work for you.
What exactly is your situation, what were you trying to do when you got your errors and problems?
Hi Jacky,
I want to mount r/w the partition where my iso image is.
That partition is hda1, it is ntfs. I am using grub4dos to boot up via the boot.ini, and using gilles ruymbeke's minirt_usb6.gz
Works great. Except I can't find any way to modify any files on hda1 (ntfs.)
Grub4dos's menu.lst is there for instance, and rebooting into windows xp just to make a small change in a text file...that is outside of the iso.
I'm sorry, but I don't have any experience loading from iso on an NTFS partition so I can't advise. My only suggestion would be that you should note NTFS write capability in Knoppix is still experimental. Certainly the driver included in the CD contains limitations and is not up to date. Therefore perhaps you should consider creating a fat32 partition and put your iso there.
Jacky,
Thank you for trying. The DVD is too big for the fat32 filesystem. I realize the write support is minimal. But at the same time, I think it can handle editing of a file which already exists. I have been running knoppix on ntfs, via the DVD image file in C:\KNOPPIX\knoppix.iso. It must be reading ntfs ok, because it runs reliable enough.
best,
john

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$482.02
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$372.48
External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$16.99
SGIN 15.6" Laptop 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Win 11 Intel i3-10100Y Backlit Keyboard FHD
$335.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1794.16
Apple iPad Pro 12.9" 5th Gen 128GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Wi-Fi Or Cellular - Good
$489.99
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Western Digital Purple 1TB WD10PURX Hard Drive Surveillance w/ 100% Health, QTY
$54.99
Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99