Quote Originally Posted by Jacky
If I understand correctly, you want to mount r/w the partition where your iso image is.

When you boot from a iso image on disk (as in your poor man's install), the partition where the iso is will be mounted as a cdrom loop device in read-only mode. For example, if the iso file was on hdd1, then mount will read "hdd1 on cdrom2.loop type ext3 (ro)".

To make hdd1 writable, issue the following mount command:

mount /dev/hdd1 /cdrom2.loop -o remount

Regards.
huh?
It gives me an error.

sudo mount /dev/hda1 /media/hda1 -t ntfs -o remount,rw
Error opening partition device : Device or resource busy
Failed to startup volume : Device or resource busy
Couldn't mount device '/dev/hda1' : Device or resource busy

with cdrom2.loop
it says it is not in mtab
but it is there as /cdrom2.loop/KNOPPIX/knoppix.iso /cdrom/ iso9660 ro,loop=/dev/loop0 0 0

This thing is really starting to bug me...
I know Knoppix can write to the drive if I boot using the cd.
hda1 is ntfs...

best,
john