-
D945G Installation Problems
Hi guys,
I am trying to install knoppix v5.0 CD version, in runlevel 2, on an 80gb sata drive on an intel D945GNT motherboard. 512Mb ram in slot 1 of 4 (there is a performace boost if a matching dimm is in slot 3), Lite-On DVD-ROM on IDE/ATA Chain as primary. This is an LGA 775 Processor, 3.0 GHZ (Intel). The only card in the system is an ADS USB 2.0.
Commands I am using:
Starting Knoppix: knoppix dma 2
after partitioning drive with 3 partitions via cfdisk sda1 = 11GB NTFS, sda2=5GB Linux, sda3=1GB Linux Swap
IGNORE_CHECK=1 sudo knoppix-installer
What I get is:
To the screen that tells me that the system is not ready for install, when I press "OK" I get kicked to a menu with cfdisk and quit as the only options.
What I have tried so far:
startup:
Knoppix dma 2
and
knoppix 2
In Bios:
Optimal Defaults
Safe Defaults
Changing the hd controller setting from enhanced to legacy.
Turning off S.M.A.R.T.
Verifying boot order.
I think it is having problems with seeing the sata drive correctly. When I load the kernel, it shows the dvd drive as hda, but it does not show the hard drive as sda.
We have used knoppix v3.7 for a long time this way. We use knoppix to image the ntfs partition. The free space after the swap partition is turned into an image storing partition and we have written a small program to streamline the copy (ntfsclone -O /dev/hda4/current.img /dev/sda1) and conversly copy it back to the ntfs partition after the xp o/s is corrupted.
Please contact me
Thanks,
Jerry
Similar Threads
-
By sudeepak in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-15-2008, 11:55 PM
-
By altella2005 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-01-2005, 12:51 AM
-
By Mr.Redhat in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-11-2004, 02:46 PM
-
By towaes in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-03-2003, 09:00 AM
-
By epsilonmirror in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-14-2003, 03:58 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver
$299.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

PCI to 4 Ports SATA Controller RAID CARD Pci sata Sil3114 Supports 3TBx4 HDD
$18.90

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00