Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Changing the screen refresh rate... without the screen

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7
    I don't know- with a different monitor, it worked like a charm. No problems at all. Then again, I installed the Debian install with the old CRT monitor, and not the LCD. Is there, by any chance, that we could "re-do" the hardware detection like the LiveCD does?

  2. #12
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    228
    Some hardware is being re-detected during startup, some is not. The thing coming closest to what you want to achieve is to boot off the live cd and replace xorg.conf with xorg.conf as generated by the live cd.

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7
    Two things:

    -It seems the Xorg.conf created by Knoppix has disappeared. I simply can't find it. It's odd, as I found one while I was editing the old one.
    -I found a file in /hda2/etc/X11 called "default-display-manager." I changed this to both kdm and xdm, but it still failed to start saying neither of these was the default display manager.

    Do you think that deleting the file "default-display-manager" might do something?

  4. #14
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    228
    Do you think that deleting the file "default-display-manager" might do something?
    I doubt that deleting even more files is going to help. What about saving your data to an external drive and doing a fresh install?

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7
    Argh, looks, like I'll have to. Thanks for all the help, anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. refresh rate
    By pkg in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2006, 05:56 PM
  2. Changing refresh rate?
    By Spectrum in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-07-2004, 08:29 PM
  3. refresh rate
    By jeanthibca in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2004, 02:33 PM
  4. Refresh Rate
    By bateto_007 in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-23-2003, 06:02 PM
  5. Newbie question: How to change screen refresh rate...
    By rogerrog in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-28-2003, 07:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI i7-4790K 16GB Mini-ITX Combo I/O Shield picture

Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI i7-4790K 16GB Mini-ITX Combo I/O Shield

$99.00



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK picture

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK

$154.99