-
Problem Found
I appologise if this information is posted elsewhere. I did not see it when I looked.
Using "IGNORE_CHECK=1 sudo knoppix-installer"
The answer to our problem was that the IGNORE_CHECK variable was not being passed from the knoppix user shell to the su shell. Therefore, if you are needing to use the variable, you will need to either export the variable, or enter su before setting the variable. We used the standard "export IGNORE_CHECK", and it worked. We also entered su "sudo -i" and then executed the line "IGNORE_CHECK=1 knoppix-installer".
Which begs the question of why I had to use the IGNORE_CHECK in the first place. As stated before, an intel D945GNT with a Maxtor 80GB SATA drive, fairly vanilla. I sense that the code is having problems with SATA. I tried every configuration I could think of, including re-partitioning and using a different motherboard and hard drive. "cfdisk" seemed to work ok, the only unusual occurance I noticed was that I could not set the type to "linux". I would choose type 83, but it always made the type "Linux EXT3". So I booted the Knoppix v3.7 disk, set it and it was fine. Although, v5.0 still refused to install unless I used the ignore.
In any case, we now have it installed on the hard drive.
Thanks,
Jerry
Similar Threads
-
By sudeepak in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-15-2008, 11:55 PM
-
By altella2005 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-01-2005, 12:51 AM
-
By Mr.Redhat in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-11-2004, 02:46 PM
-
By towaes in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-03-2003, 09:00 AM
-
By epsilonmirror in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-14-2003, 03:58 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key&
$69.90

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T Server Motherboard AMD EPYC 7003 (with AMD 3D V-Cache Tech
$747.99