Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: problem in browsing the internet

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    2

    problem in browsing the internet

    I use kppp in KNOPPIX to dial up to my ISP and log in using terminal mode (as I have to input the account and password in terminal mode). After log in, I can browse the web pages using mozilla but just for a few minutes and after that there is no response from mozilla. If I disconnect and reconnect using kppp, I can go through the web pages for another few minutes and then no response again. I use an external modem Lemel MD-56K and connect it to com1. Can anyone help me to solve this problem please. Thanks a lot!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Oak, Michigan USA
    Posts
    199

    Re: problem in browsing the internet

    Quote Originally Posted by ricky
    ...I can browse the web pages using mozilla but just for a few minutes and after that there is no response from mozilla.
    Have you tried Konqueror? Not necessarily as a replacement, but as a test to see if it works any differently. What happens if you close/restart Mozilla?

    We're here to help!

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    2
    I have actually tried using Konqueror as a test. The behavior is just the same as Mozilla but with Konqueror it last a bit longer before it did not respond.

    Exit and restart Mozilla won't help. I have to disconnect and reconnect to the ISP if Mozilla is to work again.

    Please let me know if you have any further ideas. Thanks for your help!

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1

    Similar problem with Mozilla browsing

    Hi,

    No solution but something similar with Mozilla 1.3-5 (from Knoppix 3.2 2003-05-03).

    I can can browse on a first web site then when I follow a link leading me under another domain name, it's still ok.
    But when I browse this new site and follow internal links, Mozilla seems to send the http requests to the first site, and of course I got 404 pages.

    Sometimes it works longer, I mean I can follow several links, but after some clicks I get the same behaviour.

    If I quit and launch it back, it's ok for some clicks than I get the problem again.

    I do not have the problem with Konqueror.

    -- jean-sébastien rousseau-piot. brussels, belgium

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    94
    bonjour Jean-Sébastien ,

    maybe there is a problem with HTTP 1.1 and "Keep Alive". Try switching your mozilla to HTTP 1.0.

    Ciao Martin

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    1) Have you added yourself to the 'dialout' group in /etc/group
    2) After you lose the ability to surf can you ping by ip? domain name?
    3) As a slightly-risky-last-resort sort of thing, have you tried logging in a root and then surfing? Do you get the same results?

Similar Threads

  1. network browsing?
    By Dominator in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-28-2004, 02:55 AM
  2. Knoppix user browsing system problem
    By adyga in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-11-2004, 01:15 PM
  3. browsing lunx pc from win 2k
    By robert01483 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-15-2003, 12:56 PM
  4. problem with browsing comps
    By koszopal in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2003, 04:00 PM
  5. Problem with browsing W2k in LinNeighborhood
    By koszopal in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-11-2003, 09:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$110.30



IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A picture

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A

$1731.00



Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE picture

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE

$295.00



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs picture

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs

$49.99



IBM 7014-T00 Enterprise 19

IBM 7014-T00 Enterprise 19" Rack Enclosure No Keys

$549.95